Monday, March 2, 2020

Battle Mage Brewing Company

Not a lot of people know it but Northern San Diego County is full of microbreweries. I've heard they might even be the microbrew capital of the world in numbers. I'm not sure why. Microbreweries love IPAs and Ales and I'm a lager fan yet still I enjoy going from brewery to brewery as much as the next guy. Stone Brewery gets all the love but when we went out drinking the other night we went to one I hadn't heard of. Battle Mage Brewing company.


The place is small and serves a full of fantasy art, swords and helmets on the walls. One wall has Magic the Gathering cards (I think) and another has Character sheets for dead 5E characters. There is a fantasy map on one wall  (I wish the website included some images of the place). In the corner is a small room, with the door open, that had a game of D&D running.

It was an interesting combination to be sure. I'm not sure the noise and proximity of beer would be conducive to playing or DM'ing but it sounds like they have open tables on Mon & Tues so I might just have to give it a try.

No comments: