Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year, but not a year old yet

I re-read my Initial post from Feb last year and realized I said I'd publish maps and I really haven't done that. I've covered a lot of territory, some of it pretty dull stuff, some of it along the lines of thinking aloud. I think now it's time to start publishing a few maps.

I think I'll start with village maps. Back in the day I used Homlet (T1) and Orlane (N1) again and again whenever I needed a village. Then Harn came along and provided a dozen or so villages which was nice. Still, you can never have enough villages so I've decided I'll clean up a few real village maps I found, include a trio of NPC for each.

For the maps I'll use the footprints of 3-Bay Hall House, Open Hall House, Saxon Hovel, and an Open Hall house with Eves.

I expect I'll eventually publish the villages when I have 20 or so. At that point I'll add the interior maps to the things to create detailed GMs maps that I figure will be super-useful for GMs. It'll be somewhat like the City State of the Invincible Overlord. I'm not sure how I'll deal with upper stories. Upper stories aren't used that much but they'd be nice to have. Perhaps I'll draw up a few and number them, then I can indicate somehow which ones apply.

Also the question comes up about deities and temples. It's an impossible problem so I'll just make them generic. Cult of Law is a monotheistic diety which as the name indicates is Lawful and so I assume good at the sort of political maneuvering that eventually leads to them gaining power and displacing competition. Also the Old Faith which is more of a pantheon of the Celtic variety, that is one with a horde of deities handled by a single priesthood be they Druids or Priests. I refer to them as Priestesses throughout but all of this will be generic enough to be adapted as necessary.

No comments: